My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
With temperatures climbing into the triple digits it is most important to keep our pets as cool as possible. Here are some simple tips to keep your pet comfortable during this heat spell.
1. Give your pet plenty of FRESH CLEAN water so they don't dehydrate.
2. NEVER leave your pet alone in a parked vehicle.
3. Make sure any open window in your house has a secure screen to prevent your pet from escaping or falling out. CHECK PATIOS to make sure your pet is not locked outside by accident.
4. Try to WALK your pet EARLY in the morning and later in the evening when it is cooler. Stay in the SHADE as much as possible
5. Walk your pet on grassy areas where possible. Hot asphalt and concrete can cause your pet to overheat quickly because they are closer to the ground. Also hot asphalt can burn paw pads...OUCH!!!
6. Keep pesticides and outdoor candles away from pets as they are poisonous.
7. Know the SYMPTOMS OF OVERHEATING in pets. Excessive panting, difficulty breathing, increased heart and respiratory rate, drooling and weakness or even collapse. Elevated body temps of 104 or higher, seizures and diarrhea or vomiting can also indicate overheating. Cool your pet down as quickly as possible by moving to a cool place and spray with cool (not cold) water. Rub water into the fur so it reaches the skin. Call your vet ASAP.
Pets with flat faces like Pugs, Bull Dogs and Persian cats are more susceptible to heat stroke because they cannot pant effectively. Keep them along with elderly and overweight pets and pets with heart or lung disease in airconditioned spaces as much as possible.
Have a Safe and Happy Summer with your PET!
Your Friends at Nature's Select Houston!